A quick guide to finding materials at the IU Northwest Library
A floorplan for the library is available to help you orient yourself and find the locations mentioned on this page.
- The most recent issue of magazines and journals are on the Current Periodical Shelves.
- The most recent year of magazines and journals are located behind the periodicals and microforms counter. Ask at the desk for the issue(s) you need.
- Magazines and journals over a year old are bound and shelved alphabetically on the second floor.
- The current issue and most recent month of newspapers are in the last row of the Current Periodicals Shelves.
- Newspapers older than one month and some periodicals are kept on microfilm and microfiche. They are kept at the periodicals and microforms counter.
- General reference works are in the reference collection. Big surprise, eh?
- Print periodical indexes are in the reference index collection.
- Circulating books (our regular collection) with call numbers from A - HF are located on the second floor.
- Circulating books with call numbers HG - PR 884, PR 888 - Q 11, and Q 11 - Z are located on the third floor.
- Government Documents are shelved in the Government Documents department on the second floor. Will wonders never cease?