Auditions Theatre Northwest
Spring 2017: Theatre Northwest Production - Vanya by Sam Holcroft (an interpretation of Anton Checkov's classic)
-directed by Mark Baer
- Audition Date - Tuesday, January 24th (Majors & Minors) & Wednesday, January 25th - 6-9pm (Major & Minors please have a prepared monologue)
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, February 6th.
- Performance Dates - April 6th, 7th, 8th, & 13th and 14th - 15th at 7:30pm
- Matinee Performance - Sunday, April 9th at 2:30pm
Four heavy hitting emotional roles (2 male, 2 female), each a terrific challenge. Every student hoping to develop their acting skills should be working hard to land a spot in this cast.
- Cutting A - Vanya & Yelena
- Cutting B - Sonya & Astrov
- Cutting C - Vanya & Astrov
- Cutting D - Sonya & Yelena
Spring 2017: IU Performing Arts - 10-Minute Play Festival
- Audition Dates - Tuesday, March 7th - 6-9pm
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, March 20th
- Performance Dates - April 28th & 29th at 7:30pm
There will likely be 20+ roles available in a wide variety of plays, each directed by a student from T340 Directing I. T220 Acting II students are required to audition and participate. (Auditions are also open too all.)
Summer 2017: Gary Shakespeare Company - As you Like It by William Shakespeare
-directed by Mark Baer
- Audition Dates - Friday, January 20th - 6-9pm & Saturday January 21st - 1-4pm
- Rehearsals will begin Monday, May 15th
- Performance Dates - TBD in July & August of 2017
A lighthearted comedy about the many forms that love takes - this is an ensemble show with lots of good mid-sized parts for actors of all types. The rehearsal process will include workshops with Shakespeare professionals. The show travels to many venues around the Region, including outdoor park performances and possibly the first chance to perform in the new theatre facilities.
GENERAL AUDITION INFORMATION AND POLICIES
**THEATRE NORTHWEST WELCOMES ALL ACTORS REGARDLESS OF AGE OR ETHNICITY.**
You do NOT need to be a major or minor to participate! ALL ARE WELCOME! Wear comfortable clothes (soft clothing, athletic shoes) and be prepared to move and read from the script.
Students who ARE majoring or minoring in theatre must prepare a 60 second, memorized monologue at auditions to be considered for casting.
Auditions for Theatre Northwest productions are open to IU Northwest students, regardless of academic major. In addition, auditions are open to members of the Gary area community. In the case that two actors are equally suited to a role, preference will be given to the IU Northwest student.
Rehearsals are held Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6-9 pm for up to 8 weeks prior to opening. Additional weekend rehearsal times will be added as opening approaches. Those auditioning must be available for a majority of the rehearsals and must declare rehearsal conflicts before being cast. AND MUST be available for all performance dates.
Want to get involved BEHIND the scenes?
CREW POSITIONS: There are always opportunities to be involved backstage at Theatre Northwest. We are looking for those with interest and/or experience with stage management, costumes, properties, lighting, set construction and painting. Contact Tim O’Donnell, Technical Director, email@example.com.
ALL OTHER QUESTIONS: Contact Mark Baer, Asst. Professor of Theatre, firstname.lastname@example.org