Send a Fax
Sending a Fax
Two methods are available to send a fax from IU Northwest:
- Via email using the IU Fax Service.
- Via a fax machine physically located on the IU Northwest campus.
(Starting February 6, 2014, authorization codes will no longer be required except for international numbers.)
To send a fax from an on-campus fax machine:
- To a local fax machine on campus, dial the 4-digit extension.
- To fax machines with domestic (US) numbers, dial 9 + 1 and then the 10-digit number, e.g., 219-XXX-XXXX or 812-XXX_XXX
- To fax machines with an international number,
- Dial 9 to access an outside line.
- Dial 011 to access international service.
- Dial the country code.
- Dial the phone number.
- Enter three fax machine “pause” keyboard entries or listen for a "stutter" dial tone (two short tones followed by a long tone).
- Dial your authorization code.
- Press "Start" and wait for your call to connect, e.g., 9-1-212-555-1212,,,1234567 (commas represent fax machine pauses)
If you have questions, please contact the UITS Northwest Support Center.