- Full time faculty and staff members are eligible for "life cycle" computers while employed at IU Northwest.
- Full time faculty and staff at the Director level and above may select a desktop or laptop model running the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
- All other full time staff members will have desktop computers running Windows unless their Director states the job requires a Macintosh.
- For those who are eligible, please use the information below to help you make your selection. If you have questions, please call the IU Northwest Support Center and leave a phone number so we can have a technical consultant contact you. Support Center: call 219-981-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Hawthorn 108.
- If you are eligible for a selection and already know your university username and passphrase, use the link below to make your selection. Otherwise, simply inform your department of your selection.
(Note: Please be aware that you cannot create the technology accounts that generate your university username and passphrase until the morning after your employment record is entered into the university's human resources data system. This is usually the start date of your contract.)
- All computers come with a standard group of software applications. Depending on your department, your computer may include other applications.
- Accessories are available, but must be purchased by your department. Costs are approximate and may/will fluctuate.
The Lenovo M90z ThinkCentre All-in-One desktop model has a 23-inch display. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of memory, a DVD burner/player, camera with privacy switch, embedded microphone, and speakers . The space-saving, slim All-In-One can fit just about anywhere in an office while the ergonomic adjustable stand allows customizable display positioning.
All staff below the Director level and faculty who prefer a Windows desktop computer will receive this Lenovo all-in-one desktop model.
The main differences between the two Lenovo ThinkPad laptops are the weight, screen size, and battery life. Both feature an Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, built-in webcam, microphone and DVD-RW drive. The light-weight T4xxs model is only about 4 pounds, has a 14-inch screen and 6-cell battery. The heavier 5.5 pound T5xx model has a 15.6-inch screen and 9-cell battery.
The iMac desktop model has an Intel Core i5 processor, 21.5-inch screen (1920x1080 max resolution), 4 GB RAM, CD/DVD burner and integrated webcam.
The Macbook laptop model has an Intel Core i5 processor, 13-inch screen (1280x800 max resolution), 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive, CD/DVD burner and integrated webcam.