Policies for Information Technology at IU Northwest
All users of university technology are responsible for complying with Indiana University’s Policies for Information & IT at all times. Any violation of these University-wide policies will be reported to the University IT Policy Office and will subject users to the possibility of termination of their workstation privileges and user network account as well as any fees, fines, or damages incurred by the violation of said policies. Additional policies specific to UITS Northwest STCs are below.
In addition to university policies for Information & IT, the following lists etiquette that must be followed by all Student Technology Center users.
- Open to currently enrolled students.
- Cell phones in the lobby areas only.
- No food or drink except in specially designated STCs. Food and drink are available in the Little RedHawk Café & CyberCafé.
- Children are not allowed in IU Northwest STCs. Please visit the family-friendly CyberCafé in the Anderson Library if you have children with you.
- Quiet please (audible sounds & music off). Headphones encouraged.
- No Pornography.
- 5-Minute Limit on Internet browsing and e-mail not specifically related to a current academic requirement during peak usage periods.
- No wired laptop internet connections are allowed. Wired charging stations are available in the Anderson Library 3rd floor Infomation Commons.
- Patrons may be asked to produce proper identification.
STC Etiquette rules are designed to make the Student Technology Centers pleasant places for everyone to work. Failure to abide by these policies can result in the loss of STC privileges. If you have a problem, please contact the STC Manager by [[mgrish|iu.edu, sending email]] or calling 219-980-7206. Violators of these policies will be referred to campus police. Continued violations may result in a loss of computing privileges.