- IU students will be living in a Spanish household. All meals are provided by the host family and are included in the program price.
- Housing is within commuting distance of classes and is always prearranged ahead of time.
- Bilbao has an excellent public transportation system and, in fact, won first prize for Public Transportation in Europe for the year 2001.
Estimated Summer II 2016 Costs
- USAC Summer II estimated fees are: $2,680
This fee includes:
- tuition and fees
- housing placement
- USAC pre-arranged housing placement
- housing fees for homestays
- personalized pre-departure advising
- immigration visa assistance
- parental support and advisement
- financial aid/scholarship advising and assistance
- transcript assistance
- student health insurance
- USAC mandatory orientation in Bilbao
- ice-breaker socials (beach volleyball, pizza, cliff hike)
- 24-hour emergency local staff support
- program-organized field trips
- local travel resources, tips, and suggestions
Estimated expenses not included in fees:
- 3-4 credit hours payable to IU Northwest (see: IUN Registrar for details)
- airfare (approx. $1000-$1600)
- metro pass—36-40 EUR/session
- personal expenses—150-260 EUR/session
- textbooks—45-120 EUR/session
TOTAL ESTIMATED FEES Summer II - $5,000
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- IU / IU Northwest scholarships are available to IU / IU Northwest students (contact [[emendiet,Eva Mendieta]])
- Scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs
- IES Need-based, Merit-based, Financial aid, Minority Scholarships and Disability Grants available. Visit IES Web site and select “Scholarships & Financial Aid” from Quick Links at left.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships