How to Apply
MPA Program and Certificate Programs
We welcome your application! Applications for SPEA's graduate programs are processed on a year-round basis for admission in any academic semester. Each application to SPEA's graduate programs is carefully evaluated by the Graduate Program Committee for the appropriate degree. Admission to SPEA's graduate programs is competitive. Each program has its own admissions criteria and meeting these criteria does not guarantee admission to that program.
For additional information on SPEA's graduate programs and for questions regarding the application process, please call 219-980-6695 .
Please take this opportunity to review our application. The following items should be compiled and submitted in one final packet if you wish to pursue your graduate career.
- Graduate Application and Residency Form
- Official copy of transcripts from undergraduate institution and/or graduate institution you have attended
- - Students applying for MPA will need to take the GRE and submit scores directly to the department
**Students who have taken another graduate exam (such as the LSAT or GMAT) may submit scores.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent
- Writing Sample
- Students applying for the MPA must submit 3 letters of reference sealed and sent to you for final packet [Note: Letters must be professional references; i.e., current/former employers, current/former professors outside of SPEA].
- Application fee of $40. Make payment online.
Final packets are to be submitted to:
Indiana University Northwest
The School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Attn: Graduate Program Committee
Dunes Medical Professional Building 2101
Gary, IN 46408
SPEA considers results from the GRE, GMAT or LSAT, but the GRE (http://www.ets.org/) is the most common among our applicants. Preparing to take the test and getting official test scores can be a lengthy process, so plan accordingly.
Please Note: To be considered for admission for Fall 2013 semester, all application packets are due August 1, 2013. NO EXCEPTIONS. A new application and new admission policies will be in effect for the Fall 2013-2014 school year.