Indiana University Northwest

Office of the Registrar

Veterans Affairs Services

Veterans Affairs Services

The Office of the Registrar is here to meet the needs of Indiana University Northwest students who are veterans, service members, or children or spouses of disabled veterans.  Students who wish to receive education benefits from the US Department of Veterans Affairs should contact the office to process appropriate paperwork for the VA.

Benefit programs include:

  • Chapter 33, Post 9/11 GI Bill
  • Chapter 30, Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty
  • Chapter 31, Disabled veterans qualified for Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Chapter 35, Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance
  • Chapter 1606, Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve
  • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) for those called to active duty under the National Call to Service Program
  • Chapter 901, Educational Assistance Test Program.

For general information on each of these programs and current payment rates see: 

US Department of Veterans Affairs

Students who wish to apply for benefits under any of these programs must submit the appropriate application to the US Department of Veterans Affairs per the GI Bill website.  Students who have received VA benefits at another school must complete a VA Change of Program or Place of Training form (VA 22-1995 or 22-5495).  Each student must also request certification through the Office of the Registrar each semester in which they are enrolled by completing a Request for Enrollment Certification of VA Benefits form.

Students who are children of Indiana disabled or deceased veterans (service related) or Purple Heart recipients may be eligible for the Child of Veteran and Public Safety Office Supplemental Grant Program (CVO) administered through the State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana. See:

The Office of the Registrar also works to assist students with any university issues or concerns related to their military service. Deployment during a semester or delays in VA benefit payment which result in financial hardship are only some of the areas in which we can assist students.

The Office of the Registrar is located in Hawthorn Hall 109, e-mail Levonda Moseley at, phone 219-980-6940.