Welcome from the Indiana University Northwest Police
The Indiana University Police Department – Northwest (IUPD-NW) serves and protects the campus community and its students, faculty, staff, visitors, and neighbors. IUPD-NW services include: emergency response; campus patrol, including bike patrols; security escort; event security; fire alarm monitoring; and much more. IUPD-NW is a 24-hour department of sworn police officers.
IUPD-NW understands and appreciates its responsibility to provide a safe and secure learning environment. But campus safety is everyone’s responsibility, and we ask that all members of the campus community practice common-sense precautions that minimize your risk of becoming a victim of accidents or crime.
IU Northwest participates in the “If You See Something, Say Something ™” national safety program.
- Be alert, and always trust your instincts.
- Avoid walking alone at night.
- Park your car in well-lit areas and keep it locked.
- Do not leave purses, cell phones, computers, or other valuables in your vehicle or unattended in unlocked offices.
- If you must work or study alone in an isolated area, lock the doors and tell a friend or the police department where you are and when you plan to leave.
- Do not be afraid to be impolite or make a scene if you feel threatened; this is especially important if someone you know threatens or attacks you.
- Promptly report: Crime, Suspicious activity, Obscene, annoying, or harassing calls or emails, Security-related maintenance problems
- When using personal or campus computers, observe the following Internet precautions: Check settings, Passcode lock your devices, Be cautious when using unsecured WiFi
24 hours a day
7 days a week
365 days a year
Moraine Student Center, Room 116
Gary, Indiana 46408