Monday Aug 26, 2013
Indiana University Northwest’s Fall 2013 semester begins on Monday, Aug. 26, but not without some fun and games to welcome both new and returning students. During the first few weeks of class, the campus will be abuzz with food, games, and entertainment.
Week of August 26: Welcome Back Week
Monday, Aug. 26 & Tuesday, Aug. 27:
- To ensure all students are able to find their way around campus, greeters will be stationed at key points on the university grounds. A campus map and details regarding on-site food options and the RedHawk Shuttle will be provided to all arriving on campus.
September 4: Thrill of the Grill
Hungry? Stop by the Thrill of the Grill, a campus-wide barbeque, scheduled for 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 4 in the John W. Anderson Library Conference courtyard. Rain location will be the Moraine Student Center.
The menu and prices are:
- Hot dog – $2
- Grilled bratwurst, hamburger, or cheeseburger - $3
- Chicken breast sandwich or garden burger - $4
- Individual bag of chips
- Choice of pasta salad or potato salad
- Choice of a can of soda or bottled water
September 10 - 12: Back 2 School Week
Take advantage of the week by showing some school spirit, meet some new friends, and become involved.
All events, sponsored by the Office of Student Activities, will take place in the Savannah/Moraine courtyard from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Campus Clubs and Organizations Fair (September 10 & 11 only) - IU Northwest student clubs and organizations such as the Student Government Association, Pre-Law Society, Student Nurses Association, Art Club and Community Action Awareness will have members present to share information about their club’s missions, upcoming meetings and events.
- Fun in the Sun – Between classes join in a game of tug-o-war or water balloon dodge ball, go old school with a sack race, ride a mechanical bull, or take your best shot at a dunk tank.
- Jump to the Sky (September 12 only) – Take flight and sore in the air on one of the four Eurogungy trampolines. Each rider is attached to elastic bungy cords that guide them safely back to the trampoline each time they jump. Jump, flip or try something new on this gravity-defying ride.
The Savannah Center lobby has been designated as the rain location for all events taking place in the Savannah/Moraine courtyard.
To learn more about the Office of Student Activities, click here.