Wednesday Aug 08, 2012
IU Northwest will continue to accept fully admissible 2012 high school graduates, transfer students, and all other incoming freshmen for the fall term until Monday, August 20.
Deadline exceptions may be made for fully qualified applicants with valid reasons.
IU Northwest encourages students to apply as soon as possible to ensure timely processing of their financial aid packages. Students may still be eligible for aid, but have no guarantee of receiving funds to cover books and other expenses prior to the start of classes.
Students who do not meet the Northwest campus’s admission requirements may be deferred for admission until the Spring 2013 semester.
Admission requirements for first-time students include:
- Graduation from a commissioned Indiana high school or comparable out-of-state institution. Potential students with above-average scores on the General Educational Development Test (GED) will also be considered for admission.
- Beginning with 2011 high school graduates, all applicants are expected to complete at a minimum the Core 40 or Core 40 with academic honors diploma.
- Rank in upper half of high school class or show above average scores on the GED (for Indiana residents).
- SAT or ACT scores at or above Indiana median (students who have been out of high school for more than one year are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores).
- Submission of an official high school transcript.
Requirements for transfer students include:
- Submission of an official high school transcript if transferable hours are less than 24.
- Submission of an official college or university transcript showing average or above average achievement (at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale).
Admissions review may take up to two weeks from the date of application, provided that all necessary credentials, such as transcripts, are made available to the Office of Admissions at the time of application.
The Office of Admissions strongly encourages those who can to apply online. Online applications for the Fall 2012 semester will close on the evening of August 20.
For more information about admission to IU Northwest, or to submit an online application, visit the Web at www.iun.edu/admissions.