The IU Northwest Council is leading a campus planning exercise during Spring Semester 2015 that will:
- Test alignment of IU Northwest’s Strategic Priorities with the Indiana University Bicentennial Strategic Plan and Blueprint for Student Attainment for IU Regional Campuses 2.0;
- Update and refine the IU Northwest Strategic Priorities;
- Elaborate the IU Northwest Strategic Priorities format, to include concise campus-level objectives, for implementation at the unit/operational level.
The planning exercise will result in a draft that will be distributed for discussion and response to the Faculty Organization and other campus constituencies during the remainder of the 2014-15 academic year.
IU Northwest Mission
The mission of Indiana University Northwest, a regional campus of Indiana University, is to provide a high-quality and relevant education to the citizens of Northwest Indiana, the most diverse and industrialized area of the state. The institution strives to create a community dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and intellectual development, leading to undergraduate and selected graduate degrees in the liberal arts, sciences and professional disciplines. The campus is strongly dedicated to the value of education, lifelong learning, diversity, celebration of cultures and opportunity for all, as well as to participating in the sustainable economic development of the region and of the state. Indiana University Northwest is committed to the health and well-being of the communities it serves.
We are Indiana University in Northwest Indiana, providing personal, affordable and life-changing education, to advance the social, economic and civic health of the region. Through our diverse working and learning environment, we help build lives and communities.
Approved December, 2013
We, the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of IU Northwest, value:
- Our unique identity as Indiana University in Northwest Indiana;
- Academic excellence and scholarship, characterized by a love of ideas and achievement in learning, discovery, creativity, and engagement;
- The complete richness and dignity of the human family in all of its diversity;
- Supporting aspirations of the individual and community;
- The contributions of all of our constituencies;
- An environment conducive for learning, self-examination, and personal growth that leads to greater student success;
- Graduates prepared for life-long learning, ethical practices, successful careers, and effective citizenship; and
- Collaboration with other educational institutions, external partners, and the Northwest Indiana community.