Clubs, Activities and Outreach
Clubs and Activities
The Department of Geosciences sponsors the Geology Club which participates in field trips and activities related to geology and the environment. The Department of Chemistry is involved in community outreach programs. The Department of Biology sponsors a chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the national honorary society in biology. Also available to students are the Biology Club and the Pre-professional Studies Club, which offer more avenues for learning and experience related to a student’s formal training.
Home away from home for many IUN geology students past and present.
Contact: Dr. Erin P. Argyilan for information.
(219) 980-7124; email@example.com
Geology Club Officers:
Club officers are elected in the fall semester.
To explore the outdoors through the eyes of a geologist. To enhance students' knowledge of the earth and its processes through hiking and camping trips around the Region of Indiana and surrounding states, enjoying the outdoors with others that are interested in Geology.
- Christmas/Mid-Year get together
- Fund-Raiser - Rock Identification tutorial cd's on sale - $5 each, available in the department office
- End of the semester parties!
- Walk for Water - to raise money for projects related to providing and promoting access to clean water worldwide.