Majors complete at least 25-27 credit hours in geology, 15 credit hours in the allied disciplines and a minimum of 36 credit hours in courses at the 300-400 level.
1. Any one of the following 100-level courses AND GEOL G102 laboratory:
* GEOL G101 Introduction to Earth Science (3 cr.) AND G102 Intro. to Earth Science Lab (1 cr.)
* GEOL G107 Environmental Geology (3cr.) AND G102 Intro. to Earth Science Lab (1cr)
* GEOL G103 Earth Materials and Processes (3 cr.) AND G102 Intro. to Earth Science Lab (1 cr.)
GEOL G209 History of the Earth (4 cr.)
GEOL G221 Introductory Mineralogy (4 cr.)
GEOL G222 Introduction to Petrology (4cr)
GEOL G317 Field and Laboratory Techniques (3cr)
2. Any two 300- or 400-level lecture-based geology courses.
(The following GEOL (geology) courses fulfill the College of Arts & Sciences capstone requirement for the B.A. in Geology: G323, G406, G413, G415, G435, G451, G490)
3. Allied Sciences (15 cr.): Students must complete one of the following sequences:
* CHEM C105-CHEM C125 and 10 additional credit hours of chemistry, mathematics, or physics
* Two semesters of College-level chemistry with corresponding laboratories and an additional 5 credit hours of mathematics (mathematics courses must be at or above the 100 level; MATH M100 and T-courses are excluded), or physics.
4. Students must also complete the general requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences. Including a minimum of 36 credit hours in courses at the 300-400 (junior-senior) level.
For more information, visit the Geosciences page on the IU Northwest Bulletin.