Skip to Main Content
iun general studies

Persons interested in applying for admission to the general studies degree program should comply with the following procedures:

  • All applicants must complete the application form available from the General Studies Program. Citizens of other countries, including those in the United States on immigration visas, must complete the International Application for Admission form in addition to the regular application form. The International Application for Admission form is available form the Office of Admissions, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405.
  • If the applicant has previously attended college, the applicant should direct the college or university to forward a transcript to the Admissions office.
  • All applicants who have not previously attended Indiana University must submit a copy of their high school transcript or evidence of having completed the GED certificate. Applicants over 21 years of age without a high school diploma or GED certificate should attach a letter explaining how their experience has prepared them for college-level work.
  • All of the above information and supporting material should be sent to the General Studies Program, Indiana University Northwest, Hawthorn Hall 246, 3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408.